Search This Blog

Tuesday, 1 November 2016

Visual Storytelling Exhibition

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to display my work at the Colleen Abbott Gallery located inside of the Aurora Public Library. I'd never shown there before. Really, who would think of going to a library to look at art? Well, I was pleasantly surprised. It was an awesome experience and I've been back to show my work there whenever possible.


The library is lit by natural light during the day which makes it bright and welcoming. Also a great thing for showing artwork. The people who run the operation are always friendly and wonderfully helpful. Over all it's a great place to spend some time.


Each year, artists apply to hang their work at this venue. This year is my year be here again. From October 24 to December 19, 2016, my work, along with Judy Sherman's, will be hanging at the Colleen Abbott Gallery. Our exhibition is titled "Visual Storytelling". All of our paintings tell a story so what better place to display them than at the local library.

Check out this short video and make sure to drop by the Aurora Public Library during our exhibition.


Also, Judy and I will be hosting an Artists' Reception on Saturday, November 12th from 2:00 PM to
4:00 PM at the Aurora Public Library located at 15145 Yonge Street, Aurora, Ontario, L4G 1M1.  Stop by and say hello.

Until next time,
Eva

Info about:
Me: www.evafolks.com
Judy: www.shermanj.com
The Aurora Public Library: www.library.aurora.on.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment